The Benefits of Laser Hair Removal
Most of us hate having to shave, a chore that comes around for most every few days. Even less of us enjoy the pain of waxing or tweezing. However, laser hair removal has become one of the most popular “cosmetic” surgeries in the U.S. Laser hair removal has been shown to be an effective alternative to shaving, waxing, sugaring, and even electrolysis, with long-lasting results. While many people may have thought about it, very few know what to expect from a laser hair removal treatment. Here’s the typical steps;
- The hair in the area is cut within a few millimeters in length.
- Equipment will be adjusted depending on thickness, location and color of your hair.
- Depending on the equipment being used, you and the technician will have to put on appropriate eye protection.
- Either a cooling device or a gel will be used to help the laser penetrate your skin, so a gel may be added now.
- The technician will use one blast to ensure that there are no negative reactions to the treatment in the area before proceeding. As long as there are no reactions, they’ll then proceed to treat whichever area you’ve chosen.
- Once the treatment is done, the technician will then give you anti-inflammatory creams or lotions to help ease any discomfort you may be feeling.
- This will be the end of the treatment.
When it comes to a safe alternative to shaving or waxing, laser hair removal is a pretty simple process to go through. However, that doesn’t mean that it doesn’t have an extensive amount of benefits, including:
1. Precise hair removal
Because of the use of a laser, the treatment is incredibly precise and can be used to get rid of any coarse or dense hair in a specific area; with its accuracy, it can do so without damaging the skin surrounding the hair. It can also be incredibly predictable to plan out, as the vast majority of patients can permanently get rid of hair in three to seven sessions.
2. Quick hair removal
The process can also be incredibly quick, with the majority of sessions only taking between thirty minutes and an hour, depending on how much hair you’re looking to get removed. Because of that, you’ll also be able to fit the process into your schedule pretty easily and won’t have it negatively affecting your routine.
3. Cost savings over the long term
Furthermore, you’ll end up saving so much time from shaving or waxing that it can be worth the initial time investment. There are a few things that you should know before undergoing the treatment process, however. Chief among these is that you should limit how many times you wax for a period of six weeks beforehand.
4. Long lasting
This is because laser hair removal works by targeting the roots of the hair, which are temporarily removed in each of those processes. Six weeks will give the hairs enough time to root themselves back in the specific area properly. Because of that, the treatment will end up being a lot faster and more effective.